June came quickly it was time to take the next big step. We had saved a little money and it was time to order our equipment and apply for our DA from council.
We found a local supplier that was ordering cheap ( in every sense of the word), equipment from China. It was cheap but it would do the job. So in 8 weeks we would have our equipment.
Council was never going to be easy but they were positive which is a big start. I made the decision not to submit my application officially until there was a general consensus from council that it would be acceptable. 3 short months later... They felt it would most likely be OK.