“Because two mates wanted to make great beer!”
Tumut River Brewing Co started with large plans but a small initial goal we wanted to prove that we could start a micro-brewery and make great beer in stunning
Tumut! Having reached that goal nearly five years ago via a micro-brewery with a production capacity of 150 litres and a tasting bar the size of an average kitchen,
we now find ourselves operating a 1500 litre, award winning, commercial brewhouse and a newly renovated venue comfortably seating 200 guests and offering 24 beers/ciders on tap including a range of our staples, limited release seasonal offerings as well as rotating “guest taps”.
Our popular brewery tours provide the opportunity to hear our story - hosted by one of our brewers or a local volunteer with a passion for beer and our region, they are a fun and interactive experience.
Your tour includes:
- An interactive tour of the brewery beginning with overview of our history, brewing process and interactive "sense awakening" experience - smell and taste the ingredients used in the brewing process
- Sample our brews in a tasting paddle (4 x 200 ml glasses) or two schooners
- See the current commercial brewery and our original microbrewery, at one stage the smallest microbrewery in the southern hemisphere
- Receive a 10% Discount on all take away TRBC products and merchandise
- Brewery tours held at 11am on Saturday and Sunday - we will contact you to confirm your attendance *
*Mid week tours can be arranged by appointment - please contact us at email@example.com or 1300 042 337